Works perfectly on mobile, tablet, or computer
Immediate access to course material
Unlimited exam attempts
Certificate available for download and print
Reports to CE Broker within 24 hours
Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJD), which causes recurrent or chronic pain and dysfunction in the jaw joint, is a very common condition.
We don’t know for certain how many people have TMJ disorders. The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) estimates that TMJD affects approximately 5-12% of the population. Females are twice as likely to suffer from TMJ pain and dysfunction.
The good news is that massage can alleviate TMJ pain and symptoms for many clients, but many massage therapists are lacking the specific education to do so.
This course contains information on the structure and function of the temporomandibular joint, possible causes for pain in this area, and soft tissue techniques massage therapists can use to address temporomandibular joint pain.
After taking this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the function of the temporomandibular joint
- Identify bones involved with the temporomandibular joint
- Identify muscles involved with the temporomandibular joint, along with their functions
- Identify which muscles to work on for different pain patterns
- Assess, construct, and complete a TMJ massage protocol according to the client’s pain
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.