By using the Floridamassage.com web site (“Service”), a service of Advanced Massage Techniques, Inc., you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
Advanced Massage Techniques reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: https://www.floridamassage.com/terms
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your account. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person. A single login shared by multiple people is not permitted without the express, written consent of Advanced Massage Techniques.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Advanced Massage Techniques cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- The purchase of a course grants you access to the instructional material and uncompleted exam for 365 days. It is your obligation to complete your exam within this time frame.
- By default, you will have access to your course within a few minutes of completing your purchase. A delay in access, unforeseen to Advanced Massage Techniques, does not grant you an extension of the 365 day access from purchase date.
- In compliance with records keeping rules from the Florida Board of Massage, you will have access to your Completion Certificate for a minimum of four (4) years. You can access your Certificate by logging into your account.
- Once an exam has been completed, you will no longer have access to the exam, nor will you have the ability to edit your Completion Certificate. If you need to amend your Completion Certificate, please contact us. To prevent fraudulent use of this Service, requests to change both the Certificate Name and License Number will not be honored.
Payment, Refunds, Complimentary Products
- A valid credit card is required to complete a purchase.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- Click here to view our refund policy.
- Advanced Massage Techniques, in its sole discretion, may offer a complimentary product or complimentary extension of a product to a user. This does not obligate Advanced Massage Techniques to extend this or a similar offer to you.
Cancellation and Termination
- You may cancel your account by request through phone or email. Your account will be cancelled immediately upon receiving this request. The act of cancelling your account does not, in and of itself, entitle you to a refund.
- Advanced Massage Techniques, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Advanced Massage Techniques service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. Advanced Massage Techniques reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Advanced Massage Techniques reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Advanced Massage Techniques reserves the right to alter pricing of the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Advanced Massage Techniques shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- You acknowledge and agree that all content and information, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video or other material (also known as “Content”) provided on the Website or through the Services is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services, and except as expressly permitted herein, shall not use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell or otherwise exploit for any purposes whatsoever any Content or third party submissions or other proprietary rights not owned by you: (i) without the express prior written consent of the respective owners, and (ii) in any way that violates any third party right.
- The look and feel of the Service is © Advanced Massage Techniques. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from Advanced Massage Techniques.
Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- The scope of information in the Service is for the purpose of passing a massage licensing exam, and is not medical or legal advice. Advanced Massage Techniques is not responsible (as a matter of product liability, negligence, or otherwise) for any injury resulting from any person acting or refraining from acting as a result of reliance on the material contained in the Service.
- Advanced Massage Techniques has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that Advanced Massage Techniques has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Services; what Content you access via the Services; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release Advanced Massage Techniques from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. The Services may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate.
- The services, content, website and any software are provided on an “as is” basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or that use of the services will be uninterrupted or error-free. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
In no event shall Advanced Massage Techniques or its suppliers, or their respective officers, directors, employees, or agents be liable with respect to the website or the services or the subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, tort, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory (i) for any amount in the aggregate in excess of the greater of the fees paid by you for the services purchased through the website during the six-month period preceding the applicable claim; (ii) for any special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever; (iii) for data loss or cost of procurement of substitute goods or services; or (iv) for any matter beyond Advanced Massage Techniques’ reasonable control. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- You understand that Advanced Massage Techniques uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Advanced Massage Techniques, or any other Advanced Massage Techniques service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Advanced Massage Techniques.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Advanced Massage Techniques customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- Advanced Massage Techniques does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Advanced Massage Techniques shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Advanced Massage Techniques has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of Advanced Massage Techniques to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Advanced Massage Techniques and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Advanced Massage Techniques (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Contact us regarding questions about the Terms of Service.